Lincoln Land Leathernecks Educational Grant
The Lincoln Land Leathernecks Detachment 1174 of the Marine Corps League annually awards between two to four one-time grants of $500 to between two to four students in our Detachment membership area, depending on donations collected the previous calendar year.
The qualifications are:
(1) GPA of at least a B, with good work and attendance habits.
(2) Live in the counties of Bond, Clinton, Fayette, Madison, or St. Clair IL.
(3) Write an essay of 100 words or less explaining your goals in life and why you should receive the grant.
Applications must be received by May 14th, 2017
1. Be high school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2016
2. Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two or four-year college or technical institute for the entire 2017-18 academic year
3. Be a U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
* Academic achievement
* Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals.
*** Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants:
1. Students with a family member in the Marine Corps League.
2. Students with a family member serving or having served in the United States Marine Corps or as a Navy Corpsman or Navy Chaplain.
3. Students with a family member serving or having served in the U.S. Military.
We send information and the application to all the high schools in the Detachment membership area (Bond, Clinton, Madison and St. Clair counties of IL) around the beginning of March. If you are a local student who fits the above criteria you can check with your local high school Guidance Counselor and mail an application to the Committee Chairman noted below or email a request to email@example.com.
Special Note: Because of funds raised during our first Hot Dog Wagon weekend we were able to award five (5) grants this year. Congratulations to the five lucky 2017 students noted to the right.
Mail Application To:
Richard Niepert, Committee Chairman
20290 Mt. Moriah Ave.
Mulberry Grove, IL 62262-3116
2011 Winners were:
Kent Thole of Greenville, IL
Jeffrey Edison of Lebanon, IL
2012 Winners were:
Angel McDonald of Ramsey, IL
Harley Tompkins of Smithboro, IL
2013 Winners were:
Brandon McDonald of Ramsey, IL
Alexander Stoff of Highland, IL
Jacob Thomas of Mulberry Grove, IL
2014 Winners Were:
Kellen Lake of Albers, IL
Sebastian Neudeck of Greenville, IL
Tara Pruett of Pocahontas, IL
2015 Winners Were:
Abbigaile Gustafson of New Baden, IL
Kathryn Rensing of New Baden, IL
Michael Wernle of Greenville, IL
2016 Winners Were:
Kallie Gan of Greenville, IL
Adam Cruthis of Greenville, IL
Michaela Simon of Indianapolis, IN
2017 Winners Were:
Caleb Knobeloch of Mascoutah, IL
Aiyana Stokes of Troy, IL
Kelsie Waters of Mulberry Grove, IL
Jensen Lake of Albers, IL
Hannah Ervie of St. Libory, IL
© , Lincoln Land Leathernecks Marine Corps League Detachment 1174, except those images in the public domain or used with permission.
For website changes, please contact the Web Sergeant, Dan Betts at firstname.lastname@example.org.