The Lincoln Land Leathernecks Detachment 1174 of the Marine Corps League will award two one-time grants of $500 to two students in our area.
The qualifications are:Mail Application To:
(1) GPA of at least a B, with good work and attendance habits.
(2) Write an essay of 100 words or less explaining your goals in life and why you should receive the grant.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2013
1. Be high school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2013
2. Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two or four-year college or technical institute for the entire 2013-14 academic year
3. Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
* Academic achievement
* Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals.
* Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants:
1. Students with a family member in the Marine Corps League.
2. Students with a family member serving or having served in the US Marine Corps
or as a Navy Corpsman.
3. Students with a family member serving or having served in the U.S. Military.
20290 Mt. Moriah Ave.
Mulberry Grove, IL 62262-3116